BCCI named RuPay as the official partner for Tata IPL 2022 

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)’s, Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council has announced National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)‘s flagship product RuPay as an official partner for the Tata IPL 2022. This will be a multi-year partnership. RuPay offers tech-led, innovative, and customized offerings to people across India, being accepted in India and internationally.

SBI named ex-Ujjivan Small Finance Bank CEO Nitin Chugh as DMD

State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed former Ujjivan Small Finance Bank CEO, Nitin Chugh as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) to drive digital banking operations. He has been appointed for an initial term of three years. Prior to this appointment, Chugh was CEO and managing director of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.

India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG completes sea level trials

India’s first indigenously developed Flying Trainer, ‘HANSA-NG’, successfully completed the sea-level trials at Puducherry. HANSA-NG was flown from Bengaluru to Puducherry on February 19, covering a distance of 140 nautical miles in 1.5 hours at a cruising speed of 155 km/hr.

India’s first FSRU Hoegh Giant Arrives at Jaigarh Terminal 2022

H-Jaigarh Energy’s Terminal in Maharashtra has received India’s first floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU). On April 12, 2021, the FSRU Höegh Giant arrived at Jaigarh Terminal in Maharashtra after sailing from Keppel Shipyard in Singapore. This will be India’s first FSRU-based LNG receiving terminal, as well as Maharashtra’s first year-around LNG facility.

A book titled ‘The Blue Book’ by authored by Journalist Amitava Kumar

Indian writer and journalist, Amitava Kumar has come out with a new book titled ‘The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal’. The book has been published by HarperCollins India. The Blue Book is the outcome of the diary-keeping by the author during the time of lockdown due to pandemics. The author has used watercolour drawings as well as words to depict the experience, both individual and collective, of the pandemic.

Mithali Raj becomes first woman cricketer to appear at six Cricket World Cups

Indian women cricket captain, Mithali Raj has become the first woman to appear in six World Cups. She is the only third cricketer overall to play six world cup after Sachin Tendulkar and Javed Miandad. She has played in the ICC women’s cricket world cup events in 2000, 2005, 2009, 2013, 2017 and now in 2022. The ICC women’s cricket world cup 2022 is being held in New Zealand.

Jan Aushadhi Diwas celebrates on 7th March 2022

The Jan Aushadhi Diwas is celebrated on 7 March 2022 by the Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI). The day is observed to spread awareness about the usages of generic medicines and the benefits of Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.

SWISS to Become World’s First Airlines to Use Solar Aviation fuel

Swiss International Air Lines AG (SWISS or Swiss Air Lines) and its parent company, Lufthansa Group have partnered with Switzerland based solar fuels start-up, Synhelion SA (Synhelion) to use its solar aviation fuel. Swiss International Airlines will become the first airline to use solar aviation fuel (“sun-to-liquid” fuel) to help power its flights.

Vidya Balan named as Brand Ambassador of Bharti AXA Life Insurance

Bharti AXA Life Insurance has appointed National Award-winning actress VidyaBalan as its Brand Ambassador. She as the brand ambassador will help in promoting the #DoTheSmartThing champion of Bharti AXA Life Insurance. Bharti AXA Life Insurance is a joint venture of Bharti, India’s leading business group and AXA.

Top 10 Longest Rivers in India 2022

India is known as the land of rivers as there are numerous rivers flowing across the country. Indian rivers are divided into two categories namely Himalayan Rivers and Peninsular Rivers. Himalayan Rivers are perennial while Peninsular Rivers are rain-fed. Around 90% of rivers in India flow towards the eastern part of India and drain into the Bay of Bengal. The Remaining 10% of rivers flow towards the western part of India and drain into the Arabian Sea.

RiverLength in India (km)Total Length (km)
Ganga25252525
Godavari14641465
Krishna14001400
Yamuna13761376
Narmada13121312
Indus11143180
Brahmaputra9162900
Mahanadi890890
Kaveri800800
Tapti724724

No responses yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *